Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 5 Pre-Op

So... I've lost 5 pounds since beginning the pre-op liquid diet! Pretty amazing! That's a little more than a pound a day! And actually its the only thing keeping me going. It's been a little bit tough so far. But not tough enough to the point that I have cheated the diet, or even thought about it. The times that it has been the toughest are when I see others eating. Just looking at it, and smelling it, makes my mouth water, and the hunger pains begin. With that being said... These are things that I used to take for granted. When I would make myself lunch, I was too focused on the consumption of what I was making, to actually enjoy what it looked like, and what it smelled like. I now am seeing that food had to be an instant gratification for me. I was "hungry" therefore I had to eat RIGHT AWAY! Now I am seeing things a little differently. And I like it.
So here are the things that are giving me strength: Of course the family and friends that know about what I'm doing have been power houses of support! And this has been wonderful. Knowing that I have people pushing me, and cheering me on has been a motivator. And I don't want to let a single one of them down. Another thing keeping me going are the numbers. Seeing my weight just gradually decrease more and more is awesome. Not seeing the number on the scale go up all week is really just exhilarating! But I know it's not all about the number. And if I didn't own a scale, I would be ok, because here's what else has been uplifting through this- the way I feel when I wake up in the morning, and how I feel through out the day until I go to bed, is such a drastic change. I used to wake up in the morning thinking (sadly) what am I going to eat today? What can I have for breakfast? Maybe we can order out for dinner tonight! SO obsessed with food. But lately... it's not my first thought. It's nice. Refreshing. I don't feel bound by food anymore. I feel happier through out my day, knowing that I am succeeding, and that I am getting healthier and healthier everyday!
If someone tried to tell me 2 weeks ago that I would be happier this way, I'd say "That's nice, where's my eggs and bacon for breakfast!?" I'm just happy, that for the first time, I'm on the other side of my addiction that is food.
In other news-
My husband has always been a marvelous cook, and he has always enjoyed cooking up wonderful creations for me! So this has been a challenge for him too, to find out what he can make me, that is within the boundaries of my liquid diet! So... we've both just found out that he makes some amazing soup from scratch. Campbell's has nothing on his tomato soup! I've been pretty blessed to have my husband by my side, supporting me, and keeping me on track this week! I'm so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment