Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Revamping Campbell's Tomato Soup

As you all know, over the past 10 days, I have been on the pre-op liquid diet. Right around day 3, the things that I have been allowed to eat, got really boring. Really quick.

One of the reasons I think I put on so much weight is my "salty-sweet-salty" eating pattern. I would have something salty for lunch, and want a desert after that was sweet. Then right after that desert, I would want something salty again, so I would maybe have a handful of chips. And just continue on and on and on. 

So with this liquid diet, it has been difficult to do that. So many of my choices are sweet. Protein drinks, jello/jello pudding, smoothies, juice, popsicles, hard candies. Sweet. Sweet. Sweet. My saltier choices are pretty limited- V8, broth, and tomato soup. I know that's not all there is out there, but its all that was really appetizing to me in the slightest. 

Well this lead me to the experimenting with seasonings and such. And I hereby present my revamped tomato soup!!


Here's what you'll need-












Throw it all in a pan and your done! No, just kidding! =)

But not really- Follow the directions for the tomato soup, and then basically just through in a little dabble of all of the other things! I really really like dill. So I add two big pinches of the dill weed. Then a shake or two of the garlic salt, and a shake or three (if you like it hot... who doesn't ;) of the hot sauce! Heat it all up and HOLY YUMM-O! I would say this would be marvelous with crackers or grilled cheese... but... ugh... not for a liquid diet!

This has been the best meal for me. When my hubby isn't home to cook his amazing tomato soup from scratch, that is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment