Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Zumba w/ a Side of Sweat! Hold the Broken Ankle!


This is the first time working out has been nothing but fun for me!!!

I have tried many different ways of working out. Gym, walking, running, Wii Fit/Plus and more. Blah. Blah. Blah. This "game" is a straight up blast! 

I tried the actual Zumba class on base, and it resulted in me fracturing my right ankle, due to being distracted by trying to make sure my daughter wasn't getting into anything. They claimed it was a "Mommy and Me Zumba class". Not quite. Regardless of the poor setup, I wasn't comfortable. Being surrounded by a dozen skinny people who had been attending the class for months, was a less than stellar experience for me. I'm happy for those who enjoy the classes on base, they all seem to have a lot of fun, but it just wasn't for me.

Maybe I didn't give the real classes enough of a chance, but I can't pass up the connivence of having my very own Zumba class in my living room! I can lay my daughter down for a nap, pull down the blinds, and get to dancing!  

The thing I like the most about Zumba for Kinect, is the fact that I don't have to focus on holding a remote, or focus on my movements in order to score points. I can focus on the work out, on my body burning calories! I make the movement, and the Kinect picks it up. Done. Simple.  Fun! 


Well, the weight is still coming off, and I'm holding on strong to this liquid diet. My surgery is in just a couple of days! I can't wait to get it over with. 

Happy Tuesday all! 



1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly, new follower. I am glad you found some execise you like.
    robynnest-robyn.blogger.com

    ReplyDelete