Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Self-Control

I knew this wasn't going to be easy. And also knew that the band was simply a tool to help me through my weight-loss. Yes, shocker- the band has yet to magically delete every ounce of fat from my body. Something I didn't know however, was how quickly self-control would become an even bigger tool through my weight-loss. I think I can safely say, that now that I have gone through the weeks of only liquids, and the pain of the surgery, my self-control is at it's peak. Every bit of me (lard included) wants to make sure that I never have to go through all of that again, nor do I want to ruin everything I've worked so hard for. Why go through all of the trouble of pre-op diet, surgery, and post-op diet, just to throw it all away before the first fill even comes around. I have found this week and last week challenging, but one thing I think I've come out of it with, is my self-control. When my stomach was still swollen from the surgery, I got a taste (no pun intended) of what restriction felt like. Now that I am almost 27 days post-op, I am not feeling the restriction I once did. But since I know the amount I was able to consume when there was restriction, I think I can safely apply it to now, when there is no restriction. I will admit, there was a span of days where I hadn't realized the restriction was gone, and my food choices were not the greatest. This will probably result in my first scale increase this Friday. But not without a lesson learned.

The band isn't going to do my thinking for me. My brain still needs to be on board if I want to be successful with my weight-loss.



Only 6 days until my post-op follow-up/fill. Basically, I'm counting the minutes.


5 comments:

  1. Hey Kel, I am so happy for you and proud of you. I am praying for you every minute that things will continue to get better and soon enough you will be at the weight you have wanted to be at. I have never heard of this band, when i read your post im like i want to learn about this just because i have never heard about it. my dad has had to have weight loss surgery but it was like they stapled his stomach or w.e.. keep up the good work girlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great ! I definitely remember the feelings that you're going through ... and the scale did increase there for a bit when I was transitioning to full foods. Your body is adjusting ... let it do it's thing :) Oh, and again, I love your blog - that band around your waist is just adorable !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great! You already figured out self control has EVERYTHING to do with your success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have conquered the worse part, and that is accepting that you must only consume the small portion at a meal. No matter what, no matter how tight or not tight you are!

    Balance is key here, and once you become accustomed to that amount of food filling you up, it is mind over matter here, it gets so much easier.

    Keep up the great work you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forrest, you have NO idea how much I needed to read this post! I have been feeling the same way and didn't know how to say it out loud!! I don't feel any restriction and have had a hard time making good decisions!! You are NOT alone in this feeling! or this fight!! I've had to surround myself with only good foods and threaten bodily harm to anyone who offered me anything else!! Good luck - it will all be worth it in the end....or so I hear! *sigh* Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete